- This event has passed.
Bloom Intensive: Preaching 2
January 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm EST$25
This course starts on January 10th, 2019 and meets every Thursday from 12pm-1:30pm EST. This six-week online course will have 4 hours minimum of work per week (a 1 hour course plus 2 hours minimum of preparation each week). As most things go, what you put into it, will determine how much you get out of it. So much of preaching is caught rather than taught, therefore this course will give participants opportunities to practice preaching, to utilize storytelling and to find their unique voice as they learn to hear God’s voice.
In this course you will:
• Review the main themes of the Teaching, Preaching and Storytelling Learning Community.
• Prepare and share a 5-minute story from your childhood.
• Prepare and share a 5-minute retelling of a biblical story or parable, told from a different perspective.
• Write a reflective response to a specific sermon based on what you have learned from this course.
• Prepare and record (via video) a 15-20 minute sermon, combining a biblical narrative, personal narrative and application.
• Write a one-page “cheat sheet” highlighting everything you need to keep in mind when you preach.
At the end of this course you will:
• Develop a better understanding of all that is needed to prepare a sermon.
• Learn how to “tell it slant” utilizing storytelling techniques similar to Jesus.
• Practice speaking three times – two live and one on video.
• Discover your unique strengths as well as weaknesses as a storyteller and communicator.
• Grow in confidence as a preacher, with and even without a manuscript.
Before the beginning of the course you will need:
• Have completed the Bloom Learning Community Preaching, Teaching and Storytelling Part 1
• Read Tell It Slant by Eugene Peterson.
Interested in registering for another Bloom Certificate Course?
For more info on our Living the True You course, click here.
For more info on our Children Matter course, click here.