Iglesia Del Nazareno Pueblo Nuevo
April 2022 Update
Hello, brothers and sisters of Creekside Christian Church! We are excited to share with you an update on the ministries and construction of Church of the Nazarene Heredad de Dios.
We currently have 30 adults and 25 children regularly attending our church.
We have poured half of the concrete for the flooring so far, the half that is covered by the roof. Finally completing the floor is considered as the first step so that the chairs are not damaged and to avoid accidents with the children. We have not yet started the construction of the walls. If the Lord permits it, this month of April it will be possible to raise the walls and finish the other half of the roof.
Within the community, we have been holding classes and services for all groups of people. A program for the women in our community, celebrations for the children, and men’s programming. We continue to motivate people to get more involved with the church, visiting the children, and giving medicine to the ones who are sick. Everything we do is for their benefit. There will be cultural programs about corn, we are going to explain what we do with corn and its process.
One challenge we have faced has been our water supply. We don’t have fresh water in th sector, we had to collect water from a pit in order to mix the cement. We had to reach out to members in the community for tools to complete the work. We’ve also had some trouble finding people to work on the construction, but thankfully we found a man in the community willing to help us.
Our priority in the next couple of months will be to raise the walls and finish the second half of the roof.
We were able to help a boy named Luis, who is 6 years old. We helped him obtain surgery on a hernia that was causing much pain, inhibiting his play and actions. His family did not have the resources to pay for the surgery he needed, the church was able to provide help to the mother and, in February, Luis got the surgery. He is fine, thank God, the surgery was a success. Luis is happy, now he can play, and run with his friends and he is no longer in pain. His tutor visits the child and we are attentive of this case.
- We thank God because, despite all the needs, we have seen his will and grace.
- Thanks to God and to the donors because they strengthen us and encourage us to continue with this great work. Thanks to the sponsors because they never abandon us, and thanks for always being willing to collaborate with the children.
- Pray for the pastor, that we would have strength, wisdom, and encouragement to be able to move forward.
- Pray for the entire team, children and parents, and members of the community.
- Pray for the brothers who preach in the town because we have various transportation difficulties.