November 2019 Update
Greetings, brothers and sisters of Creekside Christian Church! We are excited to share with you an update on the ministries and construction of Felix Sarmiento Church.
The beginning of construction has gone well so far. We are still in the planning stages but hope to start building soon.
In the community, the pastor has been asking parents for help when the construction begins. We are working to convince the community of the need for a church that loves children and loves the community.
In the next 60 days, we will begin our construction on the building. We will level the ground, adjust the underground pipes, and carry out land adaptation.
As pastors in charge of the work, what has impacted us most is to see how the Holy Spirit touching the hearts of entire families, and meeting people who have kept their hearts hard throughout their lives, closing the doors to God.
In Santa Elena, most men have a macho culture and it surprises us how God is raising men with love and passion for His presence. For more than 6 months we have been praying for Daniel, husband of a sister of our church. He mistreated his wife a lot, he was unfaithful and an alcoholic. A couple of months ago he was very sick, and we started to pray that God would restore his health. He still resisted accepting Jesus as his savior, it seemed that our prayers were not answered because he hardened his heart more. Then a few days ago he called one of the sisters of the church to give his life to Christ. It was one of the best news we have received, we are glad how God acts in different ways in the lives of each person. God is using the church and the Glory of God to transform the lives of this community.
- We thank God for the life of each person who donated for this project, for the dedication they have had for our community.
- We thank you for your prayers and the spiritual coverage you send us.
- We appreciate the opportunity to extend the kingdom of God in one of the poorest provinces in the country.
- We appreciate that with your contributions we can carry out a comprehensive training program for the benefit of poor children in Santa Elena where they have serious problems of malnutrition, learning problems, and neurodevelopment.
- That each head of the household can find decent work and keep their family in good condition.
- For the health of our children.
- For the conversion of family members of sponsored children.