Iglesia Rios de Agua Viva
November 2019 Update
Greetings, brothers and sisters of MONAT! We are excited to share with you an update on the church plant and child development center construction of Iglesia Ríos de Agua Viva!
In the last 60 days we have continued construction on our church and child development center. We excavated for the foundation of the three classrooms and offices, laid the footing, poured concrete, and lifted the walls of those rooms.
We have continued to disciple the 44 teenagers in our program, teaching them general knowledge about the Bible and Christian life. We have continued our Sunday school programs, and have also been preaching the gospel of hope throughout the neighborhoods.
We’ve faced challenges with the weather, there have been heavy rains in the area that have led to complications in completing all our goals for these couple of months.
In the next 60 days we will begin painting, install the ceilings over the classrooms and office, and begin our construction on the bathrooms and kitchen.
Many men and women in the community are contributing to the construction of this church. The women work at home during the week and on weekends join together to sell food items like sweet potatoes, cakes, rolls, and other food. With that money they then purchase food to feed the construction workers that have chosen to help us and work in service to the Lord during the week. It is wonderful to see the community helping each other in this project.
As a member of the church Ríos de Agua Viva, this great blessing received from God fills me with joy. It is an excellent opportunity for us as a church to extend His kingdom among the needy families of our community, especially children in a vulnerable condition who need to be trained in the word of God and in His values. There is much joy and expectation among the inhabitants of our community, they are surprised to see how a small church that used to meet in an old building in bad condition, now it is becoming a beautiful building that will be a refuge for many. I feel greatly grateful to the Lord for calling me just in time to see His powerful hand glorifying through the church; I know that the development center Semillas de Paz will help carrying out God’s plan for each family benefited through it, caring for them.
- The generous contribution received from donors for the construction work of the development center Semillas de Paz.
- Contributions in terms of labor that members of the daughter and mother churches have made for the construction.
- Funds that the church needs to cover some financial commitments that have been necessary to responsibly fulfill the contributions to the construction work.
- The physical integrity of children and adolescents in our impact area.
- The children, adolescents, youth and adults of our context, so that the Holy Spirit will continue to convince them and lead them to repentance.
- The adolescents who received Jesus as Lord and Savior during this two-month period, so that the Lord reaffirms them in their faith and fulfills their purpose in their lives.