Iglesia Rios de Agua Viva
September 2019 Update
In the last 60 days, we have carried out much of the beginning stages of our construction process. We met with engineers, planners, and contractors to plan the build. We also prepared our land for construction by clearing the land and tearing down existing structures. We were also able to purchase materials and install the beams and columns for the foundation. We also held the ceremony of laying the first stone marking the beginning of construction.
In the community, we have been meeting and assisting 44 teenagers who are in discipleship. We have also held Sunday school for the children, teens, and adults in the area.
We have faced some challenges in these initial stages of the build, including legal logistics of the land and making sure to coordinate with the correct people. Because it is winter, the roads are difficult to drive on, so getting materials to our site has been a challenge, but we are problem-solving!
For the next sixty days, we will primarily be focusing on the construction of the three classrooms, laying the foundation, lifting the walls, excavating the area, and installing the ceiling. We will also begin work on the bathrooms and kitchen.
It is important for the church to communicate that you have been a response from God. The church will be recognized as a place of refuge for the needy and through it, many people will find hope in Jesus and freedom from poverty. God has fulfilled this through you MONAT family, thank you very much!
- The Life of the donors who shared their blessings to help the most vulnerable in the area of impact.
- The receptivity shown to the construction by the inhabitants of the community.
- Support received from community and church members.
- That the Lord continues to provide.
- That children in the community do not continue to be mistreated.
- For young people and adolescents in the community who are involved in gangs and drugs.