Iglesia Rios de Agua Viva
July 2020 Update
Greetings, brothers and sisters of MONAT! We are excited to share with you an update on the ministries and construction of Iglesia Ríos de Agua Viva!
In the last 60 days, the FCP has been forced to interrupt activities on the construction site, due to the confinement and preventive social isolation regulated by the Colombian National Government from March 25 to date. This is a measure to mitigate the Covid-19 pandemic transmission rate. These were some of the advances made before the confinement period began: laying concrete in the office, classrooms and sanitary units. Installation of galvanized sheet doors in office and classrooms. Installation of metal frames for bathroom doors. Plastering in kitchen interior and bathrooms.
Despite the quarantine, the church has remained active in the development of evangelism activities for families. These activities are carried out by telephone, social networks through WhatsApp groups and in the humanitarian aid delivery days. On these days parents receive a grocery basket that includes food and toiletries, which are of great help to families at this time when their needs are many, because all kinds of commercial activity are stopped. The challenges faced by the church in these times has been great, since the needs of families on the financial, emotional, and mainly spiritual level are many. However, the pastor and church leaders remain committed to the children and their families.
Once we can begin work again, we will continue construction on our building. We have had to pause construction over the past few months due to the pandemic.
We are filled with joy to thank the Lord for your life, God definitely has everything under control. God is clearly working in our church through you, and you have made it possible for us to have a Childhood Development Center that impacts the lives of 150 children and the families they represent. It is wonderful to see their faces full of joy with each humanitarian aid they receive from the church and the spiritual and emotional support that helps them to get ahead in the midst of this crisis. Although the construction work has not yet been completed, we let you know that your efforts and generosity have not been in vain, God is in control and you will always be a blessing to all this community in the municipality of La Unión.
- The life of donors, instruments of the Lord in these times of world crisis. Thanks to their support, the church is impacting 139 families in our community, representing 150 boys and girls, who receive spiritual, emotional, and food aid.
- For the professional and non-formal service that each person has voluntarily contributed to the construction site.
- The lives of our food suppliers, who in these times of crisis have worked hard in delivering food aid at low prices and with products of excellent quality, which meet the needs of our beneficiaries and their families.
- The funds that the church needs to manage to fulfill its contributions to the construction work, as well as the funds that are necessary to cover cost overruns in the work budget, as a result of the price increase in construction materials.
- The physical and emotional integrity of the children and adolescents in our impact zone who are currently in confinement due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The successful completion of the construction work.
- The evangelism and discipleship strategies that the church is implementing with children, adolescents and their families, so that they grow in their faith in these times of pandemic.