Iglesia Rios de Agua Viva
January 2021 Update
Greetings sisters and brothers of MONAT! We are excited to share with you an update on the ministries and construction of Rios de Agua Viva.
Much progress was made these last couple of months. We did some landscaping and preparing the land for our use. We excavated the ground, placed the footings, placed the pedestals, and the columns. We installed the tie beams and were able to lift many of the walls of our new multipurpose room, the second phase of our construction.
In the last 60 days, the Church has been working with the community in the development of spiritual activities thanking the Lord for His continued mercy. The parents and guardians of the kids have participated in these activities, complying with the established biosafety protocols, along with the church leadership as well. We have also continued with the delivery of humanitarian aid to the kids and their families without neglecting child protection activities.
Our Church is working hard to overcome some of the challenges we face, such as a shortage of skilled labor enough to make significant progress on the construction site, and challenges in getting materials because of COVID.
For the next 60 days, we will work on the electrical Installation in the Childhood Development Center and the metal structure for the roof. We will continue the construction of our new multipurpose room, installing electrical, plastering the walls, and installing doors and windows.
I thank God for giving our children and families this opportunity by allowing us to be part of this community of faith that works in a holistic way for our children. We know that the world is going through a very difficult time, but how wonderful that God has allowed us to understand that we must all work together. This crisis time has allowed us to see how vulnerable we are. I want to thank God for the teachings and guidance that we have received at the Development Center, we have learned that keeping values at home does not mean being outdated or old-fashioned. My whole family thanks God for the life of Church leaders, donors and sponsors who are supporting this great work.
- His fidelity, which has sustained us in all this time of crisis.
- For the life of donors and sponsors, who have opened their hearts to generosity.
- For the life of the Compassion staff, who work lovingly in the Lord’s work.
- For the life of the brothers and leaders of the Church, who have worked with care and love.
- The family of each one of the sponsors and donors may the Lord be protecting the health and life of each one of them.
- For the health and lives of Compassion staff who work hard for children.
- For the life of each brother who has worked with care and love in the construction.
- For the Lord continues to provide what is necessary to finish the work.
- For the protection of our children and adolescents.