Iglesia Rios de Agua Viva
January 2020 Update
Greetings, brothers and sisters of MONAT! We are excited to share with you an update on the ministries and construction of Iglesia Ríos de Agua Viva!
During the last 60 days, we had a visit by the engineer, partnership manager, and others. We are working on determining an inauguration date for the child development center. We purchased more construction materials, installed the covering of the classrooms and office, and began our construction on the bathrooms and kitchen by preparing the foundation and raising the walls.
In the last 60 days, the church carried out discipleship activities with 48 adolescents and twenty of them accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior! Likewise, Sunday schools were held for adults, youth and children; and some evangelistic activities in the context through the strategy of family groups. Also, the congregation Ríos de Agua Viva Church celebrated Pastoral Family Day.
In the next couple months, we will install the ceiling in the final classroom as well as the bathrooms and kitchen. We will plaster the walls in the bathrooms and kitchen, and install water pipes. We will also begin construction on our multipurpose room.
As a member of the church Ríos de Agua Viva, this great blessing received from God fills me with joy. It is an excellent opportunity for us as a church to extend His kingdom among the needy families of our community, especially children in a vulnerable condition who need to be trained in the word of God and in His values. There is much joy and expectation among the inhabitants of our community, they are surprised to see how a small church that used to meet in an old building in bad condition, now it is becoming a beautiful building that will be a refuge for many. I feel greatly grateful to the Lord for calling me just in time to see His powerful hand glorifying through the church; I know that the development center Semillas de Paz will help carrying out God’s plan for each family benefited through it, caring for them.
- The generous contribution received from donors for the construction work of the development center Semillas de Paz.
- Contributions in terms of labor that members of the daughter and mother churches have made for the construction.
- Funds that the church needs to cover some financial commitments that have been necessary to responsibly fulfill the contributions to the construction work.
- The physical integrity of children and adolescents in our impact area.
- The children, adolescents, youth and adults of our context, so that the Holy Spirit will continue to convince them and lead them to repentance.
- The adolescents who received Jesus as Lord and Savior during this two-month period, so that the Lord reaffirms them in their faith and fulfills their purpose in their lives.